Linda Hill has prompted us with the word “ground” this week. This post is part of SoCS: This ground hog messed with me for over 20 minutes. Playing peek-a-boo. I’d raise my camera & he would duck back into his hole. I’d lower my camera in disappointment. I finally got a decent one after all my patience (or lack there of). Photographed in Bozeman, MT on our last day of vacation.
Here are the rules if you would like to participate:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
no streetlights, just star light
Poetry, stories and strange odds and ends from the desk of a writer
Writer on the Edge
By Tom Merriman
A journey back to basics, gardening, recipes and sustainable living!
The place where you can find out what Lillie thinks
shout it from the rooftops
Prose, Poems and Perspectives!
Keeping People Informed
Aspiring to be the best at writing. Poetry lover, haiku and free verse to be precise, I hope to one day master
Nature records, places visited and things seen.
Days out with my camera —- LAND SEA & AIR
Lives and writes at the foot of Pikes Peak
Great thoughts from an average monkey.
Family, Politics and Poetry
Out and about with PHOTOPHILE
Gallery of photos reflecting and embracing life and stories
retired from work, not life
Some of my experiences and reflections
"Yeah, that's right. We bad."
...out of a digital shoebox
Lets skip the rat race!
- My Essays for the Essences in Life
Full-Time Author and Blogger
Travel is My Inspiration I Want To See The World With My Own Eyes!